- Consolidates two substandard interchanges into one modern, safe facility that includes highway lighting.
- Provides longer acceleration/deceleration ramps/lanes to improve merging and exiting on Mainline I-70.
- Provides auxiliary lane between the Turnpike and I-70.
- Increases capacity for commercial vehicles.
- Creates a connection (Rachel Drive) between Byers Ave. and Bair Blvd., including a roundabout at Rachel Dr./Bair Blvd.
As a result of the project several new developments have opened including Dollar General, Get Go and the Hampton Inn. As part of the Hampton Inn development, the North Rachel Drive roadway was constructed and now ties into SR 3089 Bair Boulevard at the Rachel Drive Roundabout.
- The new interchange opened to traffic on February 23, 2017.
- The Center Avenue Bridge over I-70 reopened to traffic on June 13, 2017.
- The Sewickley Creek Bridge opened on Wednesday, July 26, 2017.
- The project was completed in November 2017.